Listen to the Glorious Christ! – Luke 9:27-36
“We are called to listen to what Jesus says in Luke 9 about his death and resurrection, about our own self-denial and cross bearing, and about following him to the very death. Beyond that, we are called to listen to everything Jesus says. What is Jesus saying to you right now that demands your attention? Listen to his promise that he will forgive your sins. Listen to his assurance that he will receive you into the family of God. Listen to the comfort that he will never abandon you, that he will be with you through all of life’s troubles. Listen to the invitation of rest for your soul. Listen to the imperative to love God more than anything else, and to love your neighbor as yourself. Listen to the reminder that his power is made perfect in your weakness. Listen to the exhortation to leave bitterness behind and find your joy in him. Listen to his call to costly discipleship. Listen to the rebuke that you need to turn away from some particular sin. What Jesus is saying, God commands that we listen.” - Phil Ryken
Discussion Questions –
- What the Disciples Saw (9:28-31) –
- What was significant about Moses and Elijah being present at the transfiguration?
- What did they individually represent?
- What were they both doing there?
- Who and what would you say is the focus of the transfiguration?
- What does the word “departure” mean in v31?
- What was Christ “departure” about to accomplish (v31)?
- How does this truth affect us today?
- What the Disciple Said and Heard (9:32-36) –
- What did the “cloud overshadowing them” represent in v.34?
- What was significant about God’s command in v.35?
Share some of your own lessons learnt from this passage of scripture…………….